News on the program of the Contest
The Contest is open to Artists, international and national creative individuals, with no limits regarding the age, qualifications or curriculum of the candidates. The artworks need not to be original or unpublished, and there isn’t a particular theme they must address.
The Jury will select the Artists’ artworks.
The selection process will take place in two phases.
A first phase, in which a Jury, composed by curators and historical international art critics, will publish a selection of the finalist artworks online (10 Finalists per category).
A second phase: in which the Winners from each category will be announced.
The Artistic Committee of The Community of Fine Arts – Association of the Artists “Casa Dante” will take care of the setup of both the group and solo exhibits.
For the group shows of the Finalists, Artists will be asked to send only one artwork among those they have submitted, which will be selected by us.
Artists of all education and nationalities can participate in the Contest, whether they work in the fields of Painting, Sculpture, Graphics, Photography and Digital composition, or Video art.
- PAINTING: All techniques are admissible, such as those created using oil, tempera, acrylic tempera, watercolour, and the most various mixed techniques.
- GRAPHICS: Techniques such as drawings, incisions (etchings and all other techniques tied to acid baths, dry point and xylography), lithography and serigraphy, are all admissible.
- SCULPTURE: All kinds of subjects realised with materials chosen by the Artist are admissible.
- PHOTOGRAPHY AND DIGITAL COMPOSITION: Includes digital photography, analogue photography, computer graphics and works carried out using the most various techniques, such as digital elaborations.
- VIDEO: Videos using all kinds of animation, no longer than 6 minutes, are admissible.
THE ADMISSIONS DEADLINE IS SET FOR 15/08/2018
An application form must be submitted in order to enter the Contest. Artists are allowed to present up to 5 artworks per category, and can participate in more than one category. The admissions fee is 60€ for each category.
Admission fees are non-refundable.
The submission of the contending artworks, texts, captions, payment, etc., takes place following the instructions found on the website www.premioussi.com.
The application is then completed with an online payment made via credit card, PayPal or bank transfer.
If you choose to pay with bank transfer, then you must also attach a copy of the receipt of such payment, and, once the payment has been processed, you’ll receive a confirmation email.
Note: during the application phase, artworks are to be sent exclusively online.
PAINTING, PHOTOGRAPHY AND DIGITAL COMPOSITION, GRAPHICS, SCULPTURE
To apply, images must be sent in either TIFF, JPG or PNG formats and in RGB colour space.
- For vertical formats, minimum size: 2480 x 3508 pixels
- For horizontal formats, minimum size: 3508 x 2480 pixels
In order to compete for the Award, the video must be no longer than 6 minutes and the file must not exceed 250 MB in size.
An HD version will be requested if the video is selected for the final stage. You must also send two still images from the video for them to potentially be featured on the Award Catalogue.
MAXIMUM DIMENSION FOR ORIGINAL WORKS:
- Paintings and graphics: the dimension is free but in the case of exposure for the collective (if selected among the finalists), the jury reserves the right to evaluate the work to be exhibited in the dimensions granted on the basis of the available spaces.
- Computer graphics, photographs, digital photographs: maximum width 80 cm.
- Sculpture bases: 45 x 35 cm; height: 60 cm (minimal differences will be tolerated for sculptures only)
The methods of payment accepted on www.premioussi.com are:
- Credit card: Select as Paypal method on the registration form. You will be redirected to the Paypal page where you can choose the card payment options.
- Paypal: By selecting this method on the registration form, you will be sent to the Paypal web-site where you enter your credentials.
- Bank transfer: By selecting this method, the registration takes place immediately and you have the possibility to upload the images on the site, but the status remains pending and the registration to the prize will be valid only after the bank transfer.
“Registration Prize Ussi-category (put name of the categories)”, name, surname of the participant.
The payment of the registration fee must be made in EURO, without bank fees or commissions charged by the organization of the prize.
The final day for admissions is August 15th, 2018, by midnight.
The artworks by Finalists and Winners of the Award must arrive by 25/09/2018.
The Award ceremony will be communicated through the Contest’s website.
THE AWARD CEREMONY WILL COINCIDE WITH THE INAUGURATION OF THE GROUP SHOW OF THE TEN FINALISTS OF EACH CATEGORY.
Besides artworks by the Winners, the Catalogue will also feature the works by the other 9 Finalists per category of the Contest, who will each have the right to a Copy of such Catalogue.
The Catalogue may also be purchased directly at our main offices or online.
Clearly, the Catalogue will be part of the Historical Archive of The Community of Fine Arts – Association of the Artists “Casa Dante” in Florence.
By submitting your request to participate in the Contest, you also implicitly accept the rules of such Contest.
The Artists participating in the Contest, hold full ownership of their works and the related Copyright, however they provide the The Community of Fine Arts – Association of the Artists with the rights to publish such works both on the Catalogue and online for Communication and Promotional purposes, as well as for the creation of other advertisement material.
The Artist, or whoever submitted and sent the material, is held entirely responsible of such content.
The Jury reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to remove the works included in the Contest’s website, in the case it believes the content to be inconvenient
The jury will be formed by highly professional and competent external members in the different artistic categories in competition. The names will be presented following the selection of the processed and will be visible on the website under the heading “Jury”.